7.09.2009

Taking a Trip

I got home last night from a whirlwind 1 day trip to the west side of the state. My paternal grandmother passed away and the funeral was yesterday. I wanted to be around for support to my dad who has had numerous friends and now his mom pass away in the past few years.
Although the reason for gathering wasn't the greatest, I enjoyed seeing many of my family members that I have not seen a a couple years. Many of my cousins have had more children, houses have been built, one cousin joined the National Guard, others traveled to Michigan from Arkansas.
I was also able to visit an old friend that I haven't seen since Addison was born. Lindsey and I were really close friends through high school and beyond. Time has gotten away from us, but sitting and catching up was nice.
My boys stayed home while I was away. Although I missed them, the time to myself was great. The car ride was quite and I didn't have to run around making sure Addison wasn't heading for the pond at my Uncle Lee's house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah like Brooklyn who kept running in that direction while we were over there.