5.05.2009

Pregnancy Ponderings

Last night I was lying in bed watching my belly move in ways that just don't look normal and began to think about when Landon arrives. I was thinking about schedules changing, Addison adjusting, breastfeeding (hope I am successful this time around), getting back into shape this summer, you know, all the regular pregnancy thoughts.
But then pops in my mind a thought that not every women has to think about - what if I go into labor say in the middle of the night on a Saturday - does Adam have a plan for someone else to preach on that Sunday morning at our church Elevate? Can he just call them at 1:00 am and say "hey, you got the message tomorrow, I am a little tied up!"
I am certainly fine with him leaving to preach if the baby is already born, but if I am in the process - tough luck - he's staying!
So, again I laugh at the oddities of being a pastor's wife, knowing I must share him with the people even though sometimes I want him all for myself.

3 comments:

Ainsley said...

That totally happened to us! I went into labor on a Friday night and went to the hospital early Saturday morning. Labored ALL day and didn't have Wyatt until 10PM on Saturday. Ben slept (maybe) a few hours on the hospital couch and then got up around 7am, went home and showered and headed to church to preach. Our church was so new at the time (like yours) that we had no other church. He brought pictures of the baby on his laptop and everybody loved it. He hurried back after the service.=)

If you're in the middle of labor, though... definitely cancel or have someone else preach!

Ainsley said...

I meant to say that we had no other person to fill in.

Stephanie said...

lol sissy I am sure it will all work out just great. Maybe you should have Aaron or Dave have a message planned just in case.